Skip to main content

Part 22

"Noah, I'm sorry... I just--I was so surprised..." Aylin's voice shakes as she struggles to speak.
"Do not apologize to me," he says to her, "I should have known, after what happened earlier..."
"What do you mean, after what happened earlier?" Aylin asks, confused.
Noah puts his hands across his chest and looks at the young woman.
"I heard you and Saint Germain speaking in his chambers. I heard what he said to you there." His face is twisted into a mix of anger and sadness as he stares into her eyes.
"Noah... you don't understand at all--" Aylin starts to explain, but Noah breaks eye contact with her and turns away.
"It does not matter if I understand it, but now it is clear to me... how you really feel."
He exits the room.
"Noah..."
You don't understand at all... how I feel.
Aylin watches his figure disappear down the hallway and slowly reaches her fingers to her lips, recalling the sensation of her first kiss.



Continue to Part 23...

Comments